Long Axis Clinic 4/21
NCAC is excited to announce our first ever Spring Stroke Clinics. Over the course of two Saturdays in April (21st and 28th), we will give members of the community who may or may not already be affiliated with our club the opportunity to come and jump-start their swimming in a fun and challenging environment with focused and individual instruction and attention. These clinics will not be learn-to-swim clinics, but rather are designed to provide athletes who are already proficient in the basics of the four competitive stroke disciplines the chance to get ready for summer with coaches and other athletes who will help them to improve in the key areas of conditioning and technique. In order to ensure a high-quality experience for all in attendance, these clinics will be limited to the first 50 people to sign up. Clinic sessions will run from 1-4pm.
Observation and Individual Attention:
- Low coach-to-athlete ratio (1:12 or less)
- Individualized feedback and instruction
- Video review of stroke mechanics and technique
- Coaches are all USA Swimming and ASCA Certified and are four NCAA Div. I athletes with experience in every phase and level of the sport from summer league to international competition
- Perfect practice makes perfect
Week 1, Saturday April 21st (1-4pm) – The Long Axis Strokes: Freestyle and Backstroke
This week will be aimed at developing a knowledge and understanding of the “long axis” strokes, freestyle and backstroke. Topics covered will include proper posture, technique and bio-mechanics through the start, swim and turn phases of both freestyle and backstroke.